Mondays always seems like a good day to look back and see what I accomplished the previous week with the knitting projects. That is probably because I make a push over the weekend to accomplish something so on Monday there is something to photograph.
No finished projects this week as I am working on some bigger projects right now. I did, however, finish the first section of Elaine’s Imagine pullover. I needed to knit the bottom 11 inches of the pullover before I could start the Peace Sign in the front, which I did this week.
It used exactly two skeins of yarn. For the next section I want to use four skeins of yarn as the color exchanges are different in each skein and I want blockier color sections. I am not sure exactly how I want to do this but that’s okay. I can ponder it for awhile because this project goes back in its basket while I move onto starting the next project on the list.
The Filigree Gauntlets.
I am doing them in Black and using Berroco’s Ultra Alpaca that I had from Vash’s frogged Penguin Sweater. Luckily I have two sets of Size 6 double pointed needles so I can make both at the same time – which works better for me because I just don’t like finishing a project only to have to start all over again to make the second one. It feels more like work then. I will just go back and forth working on each one. I put them on the needles yesterday so no real pics yet.
The good news is that they should be finished fairly quickly. The bad news is that I have to knit Chip’s second Java sock after I finish them – they are up next on my list. Sigh.
My TV project – now that Elaine’s pullover is put aside – is Kathryn’s Polkadot jacket.
I have made it through the first decrease round and now there are only 396 stitches to a round – down from 429 original cast on stitches. Sigh. Four more rounds and I can decrease again. Mindless straight knitting.
I found, on Ravelry yesterday, my next shawl project. I just love it. It was designed by Sue Berg and I think is just a wonderful design.
I love how the yarn can be centerstage yet there is a flow to it with the knit design – I love it!! Unfortunately the pattern is in German. So Sue, who does not speak English very well – she is from Switzerland – and I, who don’t speak German at all, have been posting back and forth about her producing the pattern in English. I have been using an English to German translator program to write to her where you type in what you want to say in English – hit “translate” and it gives it to you in German. I tried to use it with the original pattern but it did not understand the knitting terms. She told me to give her a few days and she will try to get it posted in English. I told her that this was worth a madelinetosh shopping trip and she asked what madelinetosh was!!! Oh my gosh. I thought madelinetosh was everywhere? Later I will post to her some webpages to let her know about it.
Speaking about madelinetosh . . . .
Iris for Danielle for her August yarn. It photographs bluer than it is – it is really a deep purple color. I love this one too – but it is for her.
I have also had on my mind this Crystal Palace Mini Mochi fingering weight yarn that I saw at Countrywool when I started the Mystery Shawl a few weeks ago. I had not found this particular colorway anywhere else (yes – I checked Little Knits) so I stopped by there on Saturday and picked up the last three skeins they had of it.
Claudia – the shop owner – thought it was called storm. The first picture photographed pinker and lighter than the yarn is and the name is appropriate because the yarn reflects colors as they look under dark thick clouds. Love it!! The only question is if they remain in my stash or somehow find their way to Danielle’s as she loves these colors too. . . . and I love my sister . . . and they could look stunning in a shawl.
So that’s all for the update. Check in next Monday to see how far I got on the Gauntlets and the jacket – and if I had to get the madelinetosh for the shawl or if I decided to go with my Road to China Light.