Completion was added as a second new focus for this year because I have more unfinished projects than I can count. I tried to make a list of them and had to stop because I felt totally overwhelmed. So I am breaking it down to just one project at a time. The first project which needs to be completed is a sweater I am making for Christopher.
It is a Sirdar pattern – similar to the one that I had made Chip a few years back but with a different pattern – I am hoping it turns out as well.
Anyway, I am knitting Christopher’s Sweater in a green wool yarn made by Queensland – Kathmandu Aran. I have the back completed.
You can see the pattern in this picture.
Kinda crazy to have put this much work into a project and then just leave it sitting. It has to be finished. It is a big job so I am putting this project first to give me enough time to complete it before Christmas 2016. I have started the front – finally!!
I will show you my progress on this sweater as time passes. I am hoping to get 24 rows done a week – which is a full pattern repeat. There are about 7 pattern repeats in the back so that means I should have the front completed in about 7 weeks. What you see in this picture is 12 rows – one half of the pattern repeat.
There are alot more projects which will be following this one as I work toward completion. At least it is begun.
The bonus picture for today is my very silly family on New Years Eve – getting into the spirit – with a guest photobomb by Maxwell (wondering why he didn’t get a hat too).
I hope you all had a great New Years Day and that you too are able to get to all those projects you want to complete.
Onward and Upward.